Natural ways of removing stretch marks after pregnancy
Stretch marks are common among women after pregnancy and very common in areas prone to fat accumulation like breast, hips, arms, abdomen, tummy and thighs. They are as a reason of hormonal changes or sudden fat loss
Though difficult there are certain effective home remedies you can try to reduce postpartum stretch marks.
1) Oil Treatment:
Oils make your skin smooth and help reduce the stretch marks. Some of the popularly used oils include: Olive oil, Vitamin E oil, Castor oil, Coconut toil
- Take some oil in your palms and gently massage the area.
- Let it remain for 30 minutes so that the vitamins in the oil are absorbed into the skin.
- Take a bath after the massage or prepare a mixture of olive oil, water and vinegar, and apply in the nights.
Castor oil particularly apply on the stretch marks and massage the area gently in circular motion for about five to ten minutes.
Use a plastic bag to cover the area, roll a hot water bottle on it for about 30 to 40 minutes. The heat opens body pores and the oil gets absorbed into the pores. Clean the area and repeat it every day for at least a month to see good results.
2) Aloe Vera
Aloe vera healing abilities and soothes your skin. Use fresh gel rather than the one available in the market.
- Rub it directly over the skin, leave for 15 minutes on the affected areas regularly and wash it off using lukewarm water.
- You can also prepare a mixture of one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel with oil from five vitamin A and ten vitamin E capsules. Rub it over the skin until it is completely absorbed twice a day.
3) Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter:
Shea or cocoa butter can be used just like oil treatment. They are also the primary ingredients present in most of the body lotions.
Apply some shea or cocoa butter on the stretch marks regularly. Rinse off the area after some time. This remedy improves the skin elasticity, prevents dryness and reduces the stretch marks.
Honey has very good cleaning properties and works too in reducing stretch marks.
- Take a small cloth and apply honey on it.
- Place the cloth on the affected area and let it remain until it turns dry.
- Rinse off using warm water.
Or you can prepare honey scrub by mixing it with salt and glycerin. Apply it on the stretch marks, leave until it dries and rinse off using water.
5) Egg White:
Egg white is rich in protein, which helps refresh and rebuild the skin.
- Beat two egg whites using a fork and clean the affected area with water and apply a thick layer of egg white using a makeup brush.
- Let it dry and then rinse off using cold water. Then you can apply some olive oil to keep the skin soft and moisturized.
- Repeat it every day for at least two weeks. It helps improve your skin tone, and the marks fade away slowly but surely
Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day to keep your skin hydrated and protected from toxins. It keeps your skin supple and restores its elasticity.
Try avoiding tea, coffee and soda as they are dehydrating agents.
7) Lemon Juice:
- Rub fresh lemon juice on the affected area and leave it for about 10 minutes so that the juice soaks into your skin.
- Rinse off using warm water and make sure to apply every day for better results.
8) Potato Sap:
Potato contains chemicals, which improve the skin texture.
- Cut a potato into two halves and rub one-half over the stretch marks. Allowing the juice to soak into the skin and let it dry.
- Then rinse off the area using lukewarm water. Sit back and admire the changes in months to come