How to naturally relieve the painful gums of baby
Is your baby whining, cranky, and wakes up at night? It is surely his teeth! Do not worry, there are suitable solutions to relieve the pain. Here are some natural methods to help soothe your baby’s tender gums:
1) Breastfeeding. Increase the amount and frequency of breast milk that you give to your baby.
2) Massage your baby’s gum with a clean, damp cloth to relieve the pain
3) Place frozen fruits like bananas on the gum and make a massage. You can also use an ice cube. Place it in a sock to apply it gently on the gum.
4) You can place a thick, rounded cold spoon on the gum
5) Feed your baby with foods rich in vitamin D and calcium.
6) Clean your baby’s gums to prevent bacteria from infecting his teeth later.
7) Give your baby fruits like carrots, celery or watermelon to chew and put pressure on the gums to reduce pain.
8) You can also apply olive oil to the gum
9) Let your baby chew unsweetened hard biscuits.
10) Your baby will always want to chew everything he sees. It is best to buy his own toothbrush so that it can be used especially when brushing your teeth.
11) Play with your baby so he can forget the pain and focus more on other things.
12) Buy teething toys for your baby to chew on. They are usually in the form of a ring.
13) Try to cool the mouth of the feeding bottle so that the baby chews and relieves the pain.
14) Talk to a dentist or your baby’s paediatrician about it if it’s getting out of control