Best way to hold your baby to avoid hurting him
Pay attention to your baby’s mood while holding it. If he is crying or agitated and irritated, change his position to make him comfortable. These tips will help you avoid discomfort for the baby:
- The baby’s head must always be free so that she can turn around to breathe.
- Make sure you are in skin-to-skin contact while holding the baby. It’s a great way to keep warm and improve the bond.
- If you are nervous while holding the baby, you can choose the sitting position. This position also suits you if you do not have enough strength to support the weight of the baby.
- Do not hold baby when cooking or wearing something hot. Also, keep away from knives, heat, and flames as they may cause an accident.
- If you are holding the baby for long periods, try taking the help of an infant support cushion. It also helps during breastfeeding.
- Do not show your negative emotions when you hold the baby because you could shake him. This can have serious repercussions.
- If you want to wake her up, touch her cheeks or tickle her feet gently.
- Use both hands to hold the baby as you walk up and down the stairs for extra security.
- When feeding the baby, keep your head raised (whether it is a football grip or a thigh grip). Do not engage in activities like scare, play or bounce your little one right after the stream. This can lead to spitting.
Keep these tips in mind, and you will hold the baby without worrying. It can be scary at first, but with practice, you’ll master it.