6 NATURAL REMEDIES FOR RUNNING NOSE IN CHILDREN
1) Hot lemon juice
Citric acid in lemon is considered the natural nasal medicine effective for children. Lemon also contains a lot of vitamin C that can boost the immune system and eliminate toxins in the body.
- Therefore, every day, you should give your baby 1 glass of warm water with 30 ml of lemon juice.
- If your child is 1 year old, you can add a little honey to the mixture to increase the bactericidal effect. Use 1 to 2 times daily until the snot is completely exhausted.
Garlic is considered an effective home remedy for the runny nose in children which is very safe and very effective.
- Boil about 250 ml of water, then pour the mixture of 4 cloves minced garlic with 5 ml of onion juice and a little salt.
- This solution can work to clear and clean toxins in the body. Children can drink this solution twice a day until their illness is cured.
3) Salt water
Salt water relieves the irritation that accompanies the runny nose. It helps clean the nasal passages thins the mucus.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of table salt with 2 cups of warm (distilled) water.
- Drain a few drops of saline into each nostril with your head tilted back.
- Inhale very gently to draw the solution into your nasal passages.
- Now, blow your nose to remove excess mucus and saline.
- Continue to do this several times in each session.
- Repeat the process 2 times a day until you have complete relief from the runny nose.
Steam is a versatile remedy that can be used to treat nasal problems.
It helps eliminate excess mucus that causes runny nose and sneezing, as well as irritation.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or menthol oil to a bowl of hot water.
- Drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam for about 10 minutes.
- Blow your nose to clear the mucus.
- Repeat 3-4 times a day.
- For more efficiency, add a few drops of mint leaves, ginger or a few drops of essential oil such as camphor, pine oil, thymol or others.
Ginger contains antioxidant, antiviral, antitoxic and antifungal properties. It helps loosen the thick mucus and provides immediate relief from the runny nose.
Process 1 :
- Peel fresh ginger.
- Cut into small pieces and sprinkle with salt.
- Chew ginger pieces several times a day.
Process 2 : Ginger tea
- Cut the fresh ginger into thin slices.
- Boil in a cup of water.
- Filter the tea and add a little honey and lemon juice to taste.
- Drinking ginger tea for 3-4 times a day will help relieve colds and runny noses.
Onion helps relieve runny nose. Sulfur present in the onion contains strong antibacterial properties that drains the nose easily. The smell of onion itself can bring relief from sinus infection.
- Chop 1 to 2 onions into thin strips.
- Bring 1-2 cups of water to a boil and add onion slices.
- Simmer 5 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Pour the solution into a cup.
- Drink the onion tea and inhale the vapors that come out.
- Repeat the process as required.