5 Signs that you will develop stretch marks and how to avoid them
If you are worried about getting stretch marks, pay attention to these common signs to know if you are at risk to develop stretch marks and how to avoid them:
Although stretch marks sometimes appear without warning and without symptoms, some pregnant women say they have itchy skin before the appearance of stretch marks. If you experience intense itching on your belly, you may develop stretch marks.
- Solution : Using a stretch mark prevention lotion can help relieve itching and may reduce your chances of developing stretch marks by strengthening your skin and improving its elasticity.
2) Excessive weight gain
When you gain a lot of weight, it could increase your risk of developing stretch marks by increasing stress on already stressed skin.
- Solution : Eating healthy foods sparingly during your pregnancy can reduce your risk of gaining more weight than necessary, which reduces your likelihood of stretch marks.
To enhance the elasticity of the skin have a diet rich in collagen including meat broth and gelatin, vitamin A, C and E, and omega 3 to maintain a good balance. This includes eating things like meat and eggs, drinking raw whole milk, eating organic and growing locally vegetables . Fermented cod liver oil is also very beneficial. Eating all these products is not only beneficial for the elasticity of the skin, but also for the fertility of the mother and good health of babies.
3) Family history
Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid stretch marks if you are genetically predisposed to developing them, but a sign that you can develop stretch marks is the family history. If your mother has developed stretch marks during her pregnancy, you may develop stretch marks during your pregnancy.
- Solution : Taking steps to prevent stretch marks is much more important if you have a family history of stretch marks (see our article on how to eliminate stretch marks).
4) Lack of prevention
Doing nothing against stretch marks can increase the likelihood that the skin of your abdomen and breasts will tear and heal as it stretches to accommodate the life that develops inside you.
- Solution : To reduce the chances, take measures during your pregnancy to strengthen, protect and strengthen the elasticity of your skin :
* Use a stretch mark prevention lotion: coconut oil, shea butter, and olive oil;
* Drink plenty of water during your pregnancy: It is recommended to drink 8-12 glasses of water a day.
It is important not to stress too much about stretch marks during pregnancy. In the end, you may not be able to do anything to stop them and stress will not be good for your baby. If you end up having stretch marks, many treatment options are available after delivery.
- Solution : Stretch mark creams in pharmacies can also clear stretch marks and are a cheaper alternative (ask for these creams at the pharmacy). Regular and frequent application will increase your likelihood of treating stretch marks.