10 Fruits that every pregnant woman should eat
- Oranges help keep you hydrated.
- They are an excellent source of vitamin B that helps prevent nervous system problems
- Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C which helps prevent cell damage.
- They also help your body absorb iron.
- Mangoes are another great source of vitamin C.
- Mangoes are also high in vitamin A. A low amount of vitamin A at birth is associated with lower immunity and a higher risk of complications such as diarrhoea and respiratory infections
- They equally aid digestion.
- Avocados have more vitamin B than other fruits. They are also an excellent source of: Vitamin C, Choline, Vitamin K, Fiber, Magnesium and Potassium.
- Avocados help relieve nausea, due to the potassium and magnesium in the fruit.
- Potassium can also help relieve leg cramps, a common pregnancy symptom. Leg cramps are often caused by low potassium and magnesium.
- Choline is important for the development of your baby’s brain and nerve.
- Sucking lemons, drinking lemon water or drinking lemonade helps relieve nausea related to pregnancy.
- Lemons are also rich in vitamin C.
- They help stimulate the digestive system to relieve constipation.
- Lemons can help rinse the mouth after eating.
- They help to get rid of morning sickness.
- Bananas are another good source of potassium.
- They also contain vitamin B-6, vitamin C and fiber.
- Vitamin B-6 can help relieve nausea and vomiting early in pregnancy.
- Berries are rich in: carbohydrates, vitamin C, fibre, vitamin B
- It is not advisable for women with gestational diabetes.
- Carbohydrates give you the energy you need and easily pass into your placenta to feed your baby.
- It is important to eat mainly complex nutrients. Rich carbohydrates such as berries instead of simple carbohydrates such as donuts, cakes and cookies.
- Apples are high in fibre and a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
- Eating apples during pregnancy can also offer a surprising health benefit for your baby.
- Children of mothers who ate apples during pregnancy are less likely to have asthma and allergies.
- Many women think that it is not safe to eat grapes. However, the grapes are rich in vitamin A which stabilizes the metabolic rate.
- Grapes also have vitamin B, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and sodium, which is good during pregnancy.
9)Sweet lime (Mandarin orange)
- It is one of the fruits that reduces nausea, morning sickness and common health problems during pregnancy. Citrus fruits are loaded with antioxidants that are good for the baby.
- Abundant in vitamin C.
- Getting adequate amounts of this vitamin helps your body absorb iron, which is a key mineral during pregnancy.