10 FACTS AND DIFFERENCES ABOUT FIRST AND SECOND PREGNANCIES
1) Your hump shows up earlier
- During your first pregnancy, you waited for what seemed like a long time for your hump to appear.
- It was all thanks to your stomach muscles. With a second pregnancy, these muscles have long since disappeared and you will not even need a pregnancy test because you will probably look six months pregnant in the first two months.
2) You do not set on the due date
- You now know better and are not fixed on a single day that doctors say is the baby’s due date.
3) The reaction is not as exciting
- The reaction of friends and family will certainly be a little less enthusiastic with the second pregnancy than with the first because the element of surprise or shock is no longer there.
4) You are tired, always
- With your first pregnancy, you could take the time to nap and sleep well when you need it. With a child in the house, sleep becomes a thing of the past.
5) There is no cocooning time
- During your first pregnancy, you probably took the time to pamper yourself. Now that you have to take care of your first little one, there is no time for luxury treats.
6) You know exactly what to buy
- With your first baby, you have had time to research and write lists of items to buy.
- You wanted your baby to have the best products on the market. With your second baby, you are more relaxed and you know that half of the things you bought last time
7) You forget that you are pregnant half the time
- Your child is already demanding your constant attention, so you are too busy to remember that you are expecting another.
8) The birth plan goes out the window
- With your first pregnancy, you spent most of your time researching and planning how your little one would arrive on earth. This time, you know what will or will not work.
9) Time flies
- Time really goes so fast when you wait for your second baby. It’s like blinking and you’re already halfway through your pregnancy.
10) Your nursery preparation is almost non-existent
- With your first baby, you’ve probably spent hours on Instagram looking for the perfect look and design for the nursery. Now you are more concerned about space for two kids rather than decorating.